Our girl is almost 1!!
Bri is turning one on Wednesday and her party is next Saturday. The past couple of weeks I've been looking at party ideas and picking up cupcake themed items. :) My mom, family friend Debbie, and my step mom are coming! I'm excited and I hope Bri has a ton of fun. It seems like a year has gone by, and I'm surprisingly not one of those moms (this time anyway) that misses those early baby months. I'm more excited to watch Bri learn and grow and see her little personality coming out. :) But that could be because Bri is going to be a big sister in July, so I'll be experiencing those early baby months all over again pretty soon. :) We're finding out if our little surprise blessing is a girl or boy in 4 more weeks.
In the past couple of months, she has learned a few new things. She's pointing at everything now, what she wants, what she sees, the cats, etc. And when she sees the cats, and sometimes when she sees random things, she'll say "cat," usually without the "t." She waves goodbye quite often, even when she goes to bed, if one of us is in the living room. She is now crawling like normal, instead of the scooting, and is cruising very well. She walks while holding onto us with one hand and we've seen her take a few steps when she walks in between two things. It's pretty cute, since she smiles and breathes quickly like she's rushing to get to the item. She does the same thing when walking from me to daddy or vice versa. It sure won't be long before she's on her own. She also within the last week or so has phased out using bottles. She's switched completely to sippy cups now. Such a big girl! I also switched her over from breast milk to whole milk a couple weeks ago. I got to the point where I was very burdened by all the pumping, especially now that I'm pregnant and decided to see how she would do with whole milk since she was so close to one and she's done great. So I am free! I feel like a new woman, let me tell you, and no longer married to my pump.
Anywho, here's a pic of her one year old shoot (which was when she was actually 11 months old, but shh).
Oh, and it's a little late but Happy New Year! :) It's going to be a busy one for us!
In the past couple of months, she has learned a few new things. She's pointing at everything now, what she wants, what she sees, the cats, etc. And when she sees the cats, and sometimes when she sees random things, she'll say "cat," usually without the "t." She waves goodbye quite often, even when she goes to bed, if one of us is in the living room. She is now crawling like normal, instead of the scooting, and is cruising very well. She walks while holding onto us with one hand and we've seen her take a few steps when she walks in between two things. It's pretty cute, since she smiles and breathes quickly like she's rushing to get to the item. She does the same thing when walking from me to daddy or vice versa. It sure won't be long before she's on her own. She also within the last week or so has phased out using bottles. She's switched completely to sippy cups now. Such a big girl! I also switched her over from breast milk to whole milk a couple weeks ago. I got to the point where I was very burdened by all the pumping, especially now that I'm pregnant and decided to see how she would do with whole milk since she was so close to one and she's done great. So I am free! I feel like a new woman, let me tell you, and no longer married to my pump.
Anywho, here's a pic of her one year old shoot (which was when she was actually 11 months old, but shh).
Oh, and it's a little late but Happy New Year! :) It's going to be a busy one for us!

Comments
Post a Comment