So, yesterday I was digging through my purse and came across my dad's old watch face. It's one of those digital ones. I had been throwing it in my purse whenever I switched purses, just to have it in there, because it would beep every now and then and fondly remind me of my dad. It didn't have the right time and I didn't know how to change it, but that was okay. I pulled it out because I noticed there weren't any numbers on it. The watch had finally died. I'm not sure when exactly, but it had, and sometime this year for sure. Mind you that my dad passed away 9 years ago on December 22nd. I wasn't very sad when I realized the watch had stopped. I just kind of had the feeling of "aw, that's too bad." Because I guess I realized at that moment that the watch wasn't going to keep me close to my dad. It's just a watch. And now a dead one at that. I have been thinking about dad a lot lately, as I always do when the holidays come aro...
We are all so proud of him. I do believe you must be good for him as well.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jon! (Sorry I am just now seeing your comments) I like to think so!
ReplyDelete