Goodbye Wedding Dress

So I decided to go ahead and sell my wedding dress. I didn't want to preserve it and have it sit around in a closet for years, so I sold it. And I don't think, even if we have a daughter, that she'd want a 20 some odd year old dress. Besides, one of the most exciting times of planning the wedding is picking out THE dress. Anyway, I didn't realize how hard it would be to part with MY dress...and how little I would end up getting for it.
I sold the dress for $120 on eBay (mom paid $600 for it new), which is pretty sad to begin with. I found a good sized box at Uhaul, but it turns out that big ol' box was "too big" and there was an extra charge to ship it. I expected to pay about $20 to ship it, since that's what the eBay wedding dress listing people told me. Turns out I had to pay $45 to ship it. Adding $6 for the box left me with just under $70 of profit. Sheesh. That just made it even sadder. My dress was worth way more than that in my eyes.
But goodbye my beautiful wedding dress. You served your purpose well, and I hope you make your new owner feel as beautiful as I did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Love

WE ARE HOMEOWNERS!!

28 Weeks and Counting...